We are always looking for new members, who will receive a warm welcome. But why should you join Penn Street Cricket Club and not one of the other good local cricket sides? Here's ten reasons...
1. We only play friendlies, not League cricket. That means we have a more relaxed atmosphere on the field than League clubs.
2. That's not to say we aren't competitive. Last year we won 16 and lost 11 games, many of these against local league opposition.
3. We welcome players of all ages and abilities. Anyone willing to be involved in the club will get a game.
4. We play Saturdays and Sundays from mid-April until the end of September. You are free to pick and choose how often - or how seldom - you want to play.
5. Our ground is one of the prettiest in South Bucks, opposite the Squirrel pub and Penn Woods.
6. We have a lively Junior section, the Squirrels, on Wednesday evenings
7. All are welcome to nets, led by a Level 3 coach who also coaches at Wycombe cricket club
8. Every year we go on tour to Worcester, and in 2012 we went to South Africa and are planning a tour to Sri Lanka in 2016.
9. We have an active social calendar off the field, with annual trip to Lords, Dinner Dance, quizzes, horse-racing evenings etc
10. We have been described as "The little club with the big heart". We raised over £100,000 for Lords Taverners and local charities through Charity Cricket matches between 1983 and 2000. We undertook a Charity Bike Ride (100 Not Out (of mind))
in 2014, raising money for Help for Heroes and The Royal British Legion.
Interested? - use our contacts page
to get in touch, or ask behind the bar in The Squirrel...
We look forward to hearing from you