We are always looking for new members, who will be very welcome.
But why should you consider joining Penn Street Cricket Club rather than one of the other fine local sides?
Here are 5 good reasons........
1. We only play friendly matches, not league cricket. This means we have a more relaxed atmosphere on the field than league clubs. That is not to say
we are not competitive. We do play to win but in the spirit of the game.
We welcome players of all ages and abilities. Anyone willing to be involved with our club will get a game.
We have a lively junior section, “The Squirrels’’ on Wednesday evenings. Our boys and girls also play friendly matches.
2. We play Saturdays and Sundays from mid-April until the end of September. You are free to pick and choose how often you wish to play.
All are welcome to pre-season indoor nets at Amersham School.
Every year we go on tour in Worcester. We have toured in Australia. In 2012 we went to South Africa and in 2017 to Sri Lanka. We have
also played in France and in Wales. We are exploring the possibility of a tour to Barbados in 2020.
We played and beat MCC in 2018 and have a return fixture in 2020.
3. We have a very active social calendar off the field. Families are closely involved in our activities. We have a pre-season trip to Lord’s, known
as our “Lord’s WOW !’’ We hold an annual dinner dance and host quizzes, race nights and golf days.
We consider ourselves to be “socially unbeaten’’ !
4. We have also been described as “the little club with a big heart’’
Since 1980 we have raised over £100,000 for The Lord’s Taverners and local charities, organising a number of charity cricket matches.
In 2014 we had our “100 Not Out’’ charity bike ride to Ypres and raised almost £10,000 and in 2017 we raised £11,200 for the Foundation of
Goodness in Sri Lanka.
5. Our ground is well kept and is one of the most attractive in South Buckinghamshire.
We are extremely fortunate to have the support and hospitality of The Squirrel Pub, which acts as our pavilion and always extends
a warm welcome to our members.
Interested to join us ?.......
Use our contacts page to get in touch , or ask behind the bar in The Squirrel.